19 mai 2019

#SaveStar (English version).

 
You have probably seen the news since last weekend, Star has been canceled by FOX after three seasons.

The season 3 ended earlier this month with two big cliffhangers (and I won’t say more about it because I don’t want to spoil those who have not seen the episode yet). FOX’s CEO called Star's cancellation a "tough choice" . Indeed, the network made the choice to privileged Empire to offer the show the "send-off it deserves"(the upcoming sixth season will be the show’s last).

Star is one of my favorite shows, I talk about it pretty often here and on Twitter. I’m really addicted to it! I love the characters so much, the dive into the music world which show us how to make a single, an album (I love the songs sang by the characters so much by the way) a music video, the set up of a tour and of the promotion, but also the rivalry between some artists or between the artists and the record company. But there is more. Star also offer us soapy storylines with secrets, accidents, murdere, love, manipulations...

I really wasn’t ready to see the show canceled and even less after seeing the last episode of the season 3.

The production is currently looking for a new home for the show.
I don’t participate a lot to that kind of movement because I have never been that disappointed about a cancellation. I was really disappointed by Devious Maids cancellation a few years ago, but there had not been (in my memory) a mobilization as important as the one we have for Star. I only participated in a rescue attempt for 2 Broke Girls (because I love this show so much!). 
I really admire the fans who fight and save their show (like Lucifer’s fans did last year).

This time, I’m 100% into the mobilization to save the show. As soon as the surprise cancellation was announced, fans from all over the world started tweeting #SaveStar which became pretty fast a trending topic.
Ever since, the fans continue their fight and several petitions have begun. Some cast members joined the movement by tweeting, posting on Instagram and sharing the petitions and fans tweets.
Lee Daniels, Star’s creator said this week that he is doing everything he can to save and continue the show.

I really hope that everything we are doing will be useful. I really want the show to be saved, so it can offer a lot of addictive storylines and good songs. I hope that we will know what will happen after the season 3 finale cliffhangers.

Now we are waiting for official informations (I hope positive ones). I’m putting here the link to the biggest petition. Even if you don’t watch the show, you still can sign it if you want to help us. It only takes a few minutes...

#SaveStar #RenewStar #BringBackStar

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire